Social Media & Public Notification
EMAN- 620 Information Technology in Emergency Management (2168)
Your response should be exemplary, think critically, precisely, clearly and then express yourself succinctly. Each posting should be a minimum of 150 wordsper question and REQUIRES citation to reference sources, no more than 3 years OLD !!!!!.
This is a Social Media Exercise
Task 1 Accountability:
- On Wednesday morning I will be sending out a tweet that indicates a mock disaster has occurred.
- When you receive this you are to report your status as ok, or Needing assistance or other.
- You must include a location as well. You can use a generalized location such as a neighborhood or city if you prefer.
Task 2 Messaging:
- Create/Tweet a specific and unique message that promotes Disaster preparedness.
- Here are a few examples that you can modify, or create one from scratch:
- Are you Ready? Download the FEMA app @ http://www.fema.gov/mobile-app
- Hurricane Sandy knocked out power to homes for over a month. Are you ready to survive without Electricity?
- Free information on Getting your Business ready for a disaster .http://www.fema.gov/media-library/assets/documents/89506
Each student must submit Questions 1&2 in the assignments folder.
Question 1-Accountability: Provide a simple report on the accountability of all your fellow students. Include the location and time after the original tweet was sent.
Question 2-Messaging: How many times was your message retweeted? Provide a screen shot .