Please see the essay guidelines:
1. The total number of words for this report should be 2400 words
2. The report should be your own work and properly referenced (APA system)
3. You should provide relevant references and examples and support your views citing evidence found in other studies. (The references should be from books or literature review or academic sources. You can use my text book for this course as reference and it is Strategic Human Resources Management, Edited by Gary Rees & Paul E. Smith)
You have just been hired as an HR manager of an organization that manufactures women apparel. This firm has never had an HR department. It has experienced steady growth during the last few years. Its workforce is comprised of 800 employees and 20 managers. The organizational structure involves the division of work according to different departmental functions such as Production, R&D, Marketing, Finance, and HRM. Due to its growth, members of the Board of Directors had placed pressure on top management to hire an HR manager a position that you have been selected to fill.
As the new HR manager your first goal is to convince top management of the need to make you, the HR manager, a strategic partner. You have decided to prepare a report which comprises the assignment for this course/module. (Your report should reflect confident, detailed, comprehensive knowledge of the HR discipline. Where appropriate it should also display evidence of originality and innovation).
In your report, you are required to:
1. Critically examine the role of strategic HR management with respect to organizational performance, citing empirical evidence and specific organizations’ success stories. You should explicitly define ‘strategic human resource management’s and distinguish between different types of HR strategies and how they can and should align with competitive business strategies.
2. Present a detailed, comprehensive plan of how you will specifically address each core HR function (e.g. work design, job analysis, recruitment, selection, retention, separation, performance management, training, development, compensation, legal requirements, and employee relations) to create a high performance work system (HPWS).
3. Present your evaluation of the challenges and opportunities involved with respect to diversity, Emiratization and managing ab international workforce, and explain how you plan to help the firm to practically prepare for these challenges and opportunities.
4. Demonstrate (within the report) a comprehensive understanding and appreciation of the importance of relevant legal issues related to HR management and organizational performance in the context of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).
The report in essence should reflect your personal vision as to what HRM issues are important and need to be identified and properly addressed.
The word plagiarism comes from a Latin word for ‘kidnapper’. Plagiarism means you are kidnapping or stealing someone else’s ideas or words and presenting them as if they were your own. If you copy an article from an encyclopedia and make some minor changes to pass it off as your own writing, you are plagiarizing deliberately. If you carelessly forget to include quotation marks or a reference to show whose words or ideas you are using, you are plagiarizing accidentally. Whether deliberate or accidental, plagiarism is a serious offence in scholarship.
It is not plagiarism, however, to use other writers’ material when you acknowledge whose material it is. That procedure is a part of honest research writing. Avoid plagiarism by acknowledging sources when necessary and by using them accurately and fairly.