You will be writing an introductory paragraph with your thesis statement and an annotated bibliography for the Final Research Paper. Listed are the subjects that will be addressed in the Final Research Paper, make sure your introductory paragraph and thesis statement reflect this. The chosen nation is Japan.
1. Demonstrate the understanding of how cultures and politics affect one another, and ultimately affect social change.
2. Describe the culture’s political system.
3. Identify a problem within the selected nation’s culture.
4. Determine how the political system and the culture affect solutions as well as and the development of policies regarding the identified problem.
Thesis Statement: It is essential for you to craft a strong, defendable thesis statement upon which you will base further research. Include your thesis statement within an introductory paragraph.
Annotated Bibliography: The annotated bibliography should include the following information for each source:
*Name of the article, including the complete bibliographic citation, using APA format.
*Summary/abstract of the article – annotation (sometimes it is helpful to ask yourself the following questions in synthesizing the information):
o Who? (author)
o What was done? (e.g., an experimental study investigating the interaction of short term memory and attention)
o How? (was it done)
o What were the findings? (identify the major ones)
o Contributions? (new findings, applications, etc.)
To conduct accurate research for the annotated bibliography, consider the following:
• Research in peer-reviewed journals or other journals that are considered to have reliable information. Do not use sources from the secular press (e.g., Time,Newsweek, or Wikipedia). Review the guidelines for acceptable sources by reading the “Academic Research” section within the Student Responsibilities and Policies tab under Course Home on the left navigation toolbar in your online course.
• Identify at least five academic sources. If you do find something on the World Wide Web, it must be authored and be a reliable source.
• In these journals, the research and information is either reviewed by an editorial team (such as for the Academy of Management Review) or a group of peers (such as in many journals you find through the Ashford Online Library).
The paper must be four pages in length and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least five scholarly resources to support your claims and subclaims. Cite your resources in text and on the reference page.